eUpdate on Future-Fit Business Benchmark and the UltBook - the Ultimate Business Case Tool for Sustainability
I'm also delighted to be able to announce that next month our speakers will be Dr. Geoff Kendall
, Co-founder and CEO of the Future-Fit Foundation (the home of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark - www.FutureFitBusiness.org
) and Dr. Bob Willard
, Lead Technical Advisor to the Foundation and author of the "Sustainability Advantage
Ultbook: The Ultimate Workbook of Sustainability Business Cases"
based on his earlier work and the Future-Fit Business Benchmark.
In their presentation, we'll get the latest news on both these important and globally leading edge projects of members of the SSBMGroup!
As usual, we are meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the month
- Date: Tues Feb 14 (sorry about that!)
- Time: 90 minutes starting 16h30 EST /21h30 GMT / 22h30 CET
To join the meeting please see to the F2F co-ordinates virtual logistics posted to our LinkedIn Group in this post.
Anyone who joins the LinkedIn forum is considered a member of this group and is welcome to join at the meeting.
| Sustainability Advantage Ultbook: The Ultimate Workbook of Sustainability Business Cases|| Future-Fit Business Benchmark - Evolution from Causing No Harm to Creating Systems Value|
Summary of the Ultimate Business Case for Sustainability - Bob Willard © 2017
(Click for Larger Image)
Overview of Future-Fit Business Benchmark v1 (Causing no Harm) and proposed v2 (Creating Systems Value) - Future-Fit Foundation © 2017 (Click for Larger Image)
To introduce his part of the talk Bob Willard wrote:
If we are asked why a company should improve its environmental and social performance, or what’s in it for a company to be a B Corp or a future-fit business or a flourishing business, we need compelling reasons. We need to be able to show that being more sustainable not only creates value for the environment and for society, it can create financial value for the company. Ultbook provides a comprehensive framework to assess this possibility. It monetizes potential improvements to revenue growth, expense savings, market value, and asset value for all five categories of sustainability initiatives. It enables a cost-benefit analysis and automatically calculates potential return on investment values (IRR, NPV, payback period) for sustainability initiatives. A beta version of Ultbook is available now and its final version will be released in May 2017 as a free and open-source business case tool. Bob will provide an overview of how to use Ultbook and his plans for its deployment. He will also seek your ideas on how to ensure that it is in every sustainability champion’s toolkit by year end so that they can help companies see that accelerating their sustainability journeys is a business strategy for success.
To introduce his part of the talk Geoff Kendall wrote:
Release 1 of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark defined the extra-financial break-even point for business: the thresholds of social and environmental performance that every company must strive to reach, to ensure it in no way undermines the possibility that humans and other life will flourish on Earth forever. However, this cause-no-harm definition doesn’t tell the full story. Some of today’s most progressive companies – even if they are a long way from reaching break-even themselves – are already doing much to overcome humanity’s most pressing systemic challenges. In so doing they are increasing the likelihood that we will succeed in transitioning to a flourishing future. One might say that they are creating system value by making individual breakthroughs to help us all reach break-even. And it’s this kind of positive impact that Release 2 of the Benchmark will capture. In this session Geoff will introduce the work to date on Release 2, and in particular what it means to “Create System Value"
The slides presented plus a link to the unedited recording of this meeting are available via our drop box. Please contact Prof. Nabil Harfoush for access.
Attendance list was updated at the event (if a location is not provided participant was in Toronto)
The link to the recording is posted as a comment to the Linkedin Post
about this meeting, along with on-going discussion about the meeting by our members.
- Dr. Geoff Kendall, Co-founder and CEO of the Future-Fit Foundation, (the home of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark - www.FutureFitBusiness.org) (London, UK)
- Bob Willard, Sustainability Advantage New book on the business case for sustainability is downloadable from my website at sustainabilityadvantage.com/books-dvds/ultbook/
- Antony Upward (SSBMG co-founder, Convener Flourishing Business Innovation Toolkit project)
- Kelly Okamura, GooderGoods
- Ian Pinnell, B Corporation Education Expert bcorporation.net/educators
- Halyna Zulucky, The Roots Collaborative
- Stephen Davies, Prof. OCADU Strategic Foresight and Innovation
- Randy Sa'd, REFOCUS on Sustainability
- Nigel Teal, Strategic Leadership www.cepd.biz (New Zealand)
- Doug Worts, WorldViews Consulting
- Simon Robinson and Maria Moraes Robinson, Holonomics Education (Brazil)
- Andrew Simpson, Ecotone Software
- Ondine, Hogeboom, Lean4Flourishing
- Rod King, Observer on Sustainable Business Models.
- Nabil Harfoush, SSBMG co-founder, OCADU Strategic Foresight and Innovation
- Panagiotis Panagiotakopoulos (Research Associate at Eco-Ethonomics)